I’ve been plagued by doubts about my marriage of 34 years, as many of you know. I thank all of you who have provided me with wonderful comments and invaluable advice from many of you. One of you (his blog here.) Sent me this (http://gammagamification.wordpress.com/2013/07/20/how-to-transform-work-into-a-meaningful-activity-that-makes-you-happy/ ) questionnaire. I’m sharing my answers, anyone care to share theirs, I found this actually helpful, Chris (http://gammagamification.wordpress.com), thank you.
– What are my personal aims? To gain a following on Youtube, learn to meditate
– What are things that I like to do? Make people laugh, help people and write
– What are things that I don’t like to do? Make small talk – it’s inane, why can’t people talk about more interesting things, like the news, not, what’s trending now, or who should win American Idol (UGH) or Dancing with the Stars (ICK).
– What am I good at? I’m one hell of an ex-executive assistant. I was good before I lost my mind (lol). I’m also sort of funny and I will continue to improve on my comedy skills.
– What am I bad at and do I want to change something about it? Speaking up for myself, taking the blame.
– When do I feel happy? Snuggling with my dog.
– What is it then that makes me feel happy? Someone warm and adoring to cuddle, who wants nothing more from me than my love.
– Is there any chance to trigger the reason for that happiness more often (e.g. by changing your workplace, join your working place community (or found it) or invest more time in a particular spare time activity)? Snuggle with a family member, or at least bond, meet people.
– When do I wish to change something and why do I think this change is impossible instead of trying to go for the change? Negative thinking, self defeating talk, you can find a number of excuses not to do something. Finding the strength to change is a lot harder than I thought. Old habits die hard.
– When do I blame others and could I not do something about solving the problem myself if it is that important to me? If something is important to me, or needs to be done “my way”, I do it. In fact, I usually do everything. I need to stop doing that. Things don’t have to always be done your way. As long as they are helping me.
I hope some of you will pop in on Chris (http://gammagamification.wordpress.com) (Sorry, I can’t seem to get the link thingy working right.)
PS; shit I just realized son is on his favorite downer again. Just when I thought things were good. I knew he’d blow some of his money on that drug. I hate this fucking drug. It makes my son completely irrational, and exceedingly annoying. I just hope he hasn’t taken so much that he’ll stay this way for hours. Right now he’s passed out. At least I’m not crying.